The party stumbles upon two groups, already engaged in combat, and they aren’t immediately noticed.
- The party could choose a side to support and engage in combat
- The party could wait until one side has won and then attack the weakened victors
- The party could wait until one side has won and then intimidate the other into surrendering
- The party could try and broker peace between the two parties before they kill each other
- The party could stay hidden and follow the victors to see where they go